Finally got around to making the sail. Not a real professional job but one that will work. I used ripstop spinaker cloth and my wife's sewing machine. I used the pattern from the CLC boat plans. After I made all this stuff it seams they designed a completely different sail rig for the boat. After I take this boat out I'll look at the new new design.
Saturday, May 23, 2015
I thought about just buying oars from one of the places over in Annapolis. I went to Bacons and they didn't have the right size. Went back to CLC. they had them but I just wasn't ready to pay that much for them. So... I got a 2x4 from Lowes. I picked through the pack and found the best boards in the pile. I should get 4 oars from the two boards. I had some extra scrap hanging around so that made the blades. I ripped the 2x4 into 1 1/2 square chunks then glued on the blades. Stay tuned.